Home | How It Works | Guarantee | Privacy | Order Now | Search Unclaimed Money | Help

$1.3 Billion Unclaimed Tax Refunds Due to Americans

Each year the unclaimed tax refunds due to Americans, is mounting for various reasons. Some people do not file returns because they don’t owe taxes. However, without documentation, these folks won’t get any due to refunds either. The IRS does not send refunds until a Form 1040 (or 1040A or 1040EZ) is filed with them that details just how big the government’s check should be.

Other taxpayers have income tax withheld but did not file returns because they earned too little. However, the only way to get the withheld money back is to file a return.

A taxpayer has three years time after they were supposed to file their tax return to claim their refund. To get this refund, they have to file the federal or state tax return forms that they previously failed to file. Since the tax laws’ change from year to year, looking forward to reclaiming the unclaimed tax refund, the taxpayer must use a tax form for the year they missed. By visiting the website of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at http://www.irs.gov, you can however find and download old federal tax forms.

It is estimated that hundreds to thousands of individuals each year fail to file tax returns which would otherwise be resulting in them receiving a refund. Unclaimed tax refunds often result as a busy taxpayer who is expecting a tax refund puts off sending in the tax forms until it is completely forgotten.
Almost 300,000 tax rebate checks worth an average of $322 apiece are languishing at the Internal Revenue Service Department, waiting for taxpayers to claim them. Checks were returned undelivered from all 50 states and the territories of Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

The checks from this year’s big tax cut came back to the IRS and in most cases because they could not be mailed to the proper taxpayer. That occurs commonly when taxpayers move to a new address or change. It is therefore very important to update your address with the IRS when you move. This can be done easily by downloading IRS form 8822, the change of address form for the IRS. Update, and act now before your money is forever known as, one of the many, unclaimed tax refunds due to Americans.

Cashunclaimed.com offers a free search to find your unclaimed money. All you have to do is enter your name. Cashunclaimed.com is one of the largest single databases for US unclaimed money and unclaimed tax refunds and rebates in the world. Americans are urged to try their FREE UNCLAIMED MONEY SEARCH today!

Comments are closed.

Affiliate Program | How It Works | Guarantee | Privacy | Unclaimed Property Blog | Order Now | Media & Press Relations
Unclaimed Property Definitions | Unclaimed Money | Useful Money Links | Link To Us | State Property List | Help

Copyright © 2002 CashUnclaimed.com. All Rights Reserved. By use of this site you are specifically agreeing to
the terms of use posted on this site. You should click here to review them now.

When you perform a free trial search on CashUnclaimed.com we display the total dollar amount in unclaimed funds that we show reported by the appropriate government agencies. This does not guarantee that this money is 100% absolutely yours. What it means is that there is that total dollar amount shown by government agencies under your name and common variations of your name at the last time we had the information available to us was reported as unclaimed and is able to have a claim form submitted to be paid that amount. For more information please read our terms of use by clicking the link above.