Home | How It Works | Guarantee | Privacy | Order Now | Search Unclaimed Money | Help

Unclaimed Funds: Claim them back, You have legal right to

There are several companies in the United States, working as agents, or service providers, who are especially in the business of locating unclaimed funds or properties for making profit. Under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, these companies go about procuring information regarding check issuance data from all the related government agencies. The information of unclaimed funds are gathered from the specific check symbols, numbers, and dollar amounts, which remain identified as “check cancelled” on Treasury check cancellation listings.

Individual people are not allowed to search the listings of the unclaimed funds by themselves. The people wanting to search the data have to avail the services of the locator companies. This is the only way personal identifiers may locate the prospective beneficiaries of the unclaimed funds remaining with the Federal Government as cancelled or unpaid treasury checks. It is pertinent to note that these companies, who are involved in recovering unclaimed funds remaining with the state and local government bodies, are also engaged in recovering unclaimed properties lying with the Federal Government.

There are many issues where people have not got their utility deposits back, or the checking or savings account that they have, has completely skipped their minds. This unclaimed fund still legally belongs to the rightful owner, and you have the right to claim it back from your state government, other financial agencies, or financial institutions. You could also look for your unclaimed property, which is now in the possession of your local or state government.

What are these unclaimed funds or properties? These include:

  • The accounts, share and stock certificates of bonds, mutual funds, and shares.

  • The proceeds from your life insurance policies.

  • Utility deposits, store purchase refunds, credit balances in bank.

  • Gift vouchers or certificates.

  • The checking and savings accounts that you have forgotten all about.

  • Payments that you get from Royalties.

  • Court payments or deposits.

  • There are many other such unclaimed funds that you can legally claim back.

    Generally, the state laws in the United States require the financial institutions, public utilities, and various other such establishment report such unclaimed funds considered forsaken by the owners. Such unclaimed funds or properties should have remained unclaimed for a definite period of time as directed by the state laws and the owners’ where-about must be unknown. The custodian of these unclaimed funds is mostly the Comptroller or Treasurer of the state government, until the time it is claimed by the rightful owner.

    For claiming back the fund, by law, no agency or employee of the Federal Government of the United States can help in the matter. The record of these unclaimed funds or properties are only maintained by the individual Federal agency, who are the only one responsible to provide research information and release the fund or property if found fit. The data about the unclaimed funds cannot be provided by any government-wide centralized database, and the responsibility only rests with the individual government body.

    Affiliate Program | How It Works | Guarantee | Privacy | Unclaimed Property Blog | Order Now | Media & Press Relations
    Unclaimed Property Definitions | Unclaimed Money | Useful Money Links | Link To Us | State Property List | Help

    Copyright © 2002 CashUnclaimed.com. All Rights Reserved. By use of this site you are specifically agreeing to
    the terms of use posted on this site. You should click here to review them now.

    When you perform a free trial search on CashUnclaimed.com we display the total dollar amount in unclaimed funds that we show reported by the appropriate government agencies. This does not guarantee that this money is 100% absolutely yours. What it means is that there is that total dollar amount shown by government agencies under your name and common variations of your name at the last time we had the information available to us was reported as unclaimed and is able to have a claim form submitted to be paid that amount. For more information please read our terms of use by clicking the link above.